Level of event: Local
Type of event: Race, Score
- Postcode: RH10 4SA *
- Lat,Lng: 51.09163,-0.13208
- Grid Ref: TQ308340
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
* Postcodes are not very precise in some areas, so don't rely on them for an exact location.
Pre event info
Elizabeth Brown Memorial Christmas Score Event
Directions / Parking
Parking and registration on Whitely Hill, Turners Hill, RH10 4SA. Entry off B2110 Paddockhurst Road and exit on B2036 London Road. Parking fee £1.
Nearest railway stations Three Bridges (3 miles) and Balcombe (3 miles). No bus service on Sundays.
45 minute Score (TD3):
• For Juniors (M&W14 and under), Beginners etc;
• Single sided map with 12 controls;
• You can collect controls in any order you like.
60 minute Score (TD5):
• ‘Odds & Evens’ format;
• Double sided map with 24 controls;
• One side with 12 odd numbered controls and the other with 12 even numbered controls;
• Choose to start with either odds or evens and switch to the other when you like;
• You do not have to get all 12 controls before switching over but once you have switched you cannot switch back. Scoring for both courses:
• 10 points per control;
• Minus 1 point for every 6 seconds or part there of you are late. Control descriptions printed on map.
SI electronic punching.
SI dibbers available to hire: SIAC (contactless) £2, non-SIAC (not contactless) £1.
SO members: SO Seniors £5 & SO Juniors Free
Non SO members: Seniors £6 & Juniors £2
9.45 - 10.45
10.00 - 11.00 Courses close at 12.00
A4 1:10,000 with 5m contours.
Mixed forest with mixed runnability.
Mapped thickets are rhododendrons.
No dogs allowed.
Basic first aid at registration. Mulled Wine & Mince Pies available 1030 to 1230.
• Full leg cover required;
• Whistles advisable;
• Cagoules may be made compulsory if weather requires it;
• Log Piles may be present. They are dangerous do not climb on them or allow children to climb on them.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Paul Luttman
Organiser: Bridget and Les Hooper
Important Event Information
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. Information about how to keep yourself and your children safe at an event can be found here.
Insurance: Please note that if you have participated in three orienteering events/activities and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
Privacy: when participating in our events/activities your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports. Read our data protection page to see how we look after your personal data.