Level of event: Activity
Type of event: Coaching
- Postcode: RH10 4SE *
- Lat,Lng: 51.09520,-0.12113
- Grid Ref:
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
* Postcodes are not very precise in some areas, so don't rely on them for an exact location.
Pre event info
Open to all SO club members and juniors, this is a day of orienteering coaching, interesting talks and training.
Directions / Parking
Open to all club members, old and new. The SO Orienteering Day is the ideal kick-off to the 2022-23 season. It's an opportunity to immerse yourself in a full day of talks, training sessions and coaching. At the end of the day there will be a middle-distance event in the top-quality terrain used for the 2012 British Championships.
Highlights to include:
- Take your orienteering to the next level
- Coaching tips and advice
- Training in great quality terrain
- Get fit for orienteering with a Strength and Conditioning session
- Hear from a top-level planner, with tips and advice on planning great courses
- Learn how to help new starters with the most useful advice on Day 1
- Warming up effectively
- Expert panel discussion
- Tea, coffee and networking
- Experienced club runners looking to get back into shape pre-season
- Novices looking to get into orienteering
- Juniors aged 11 upwards, and younger juniors happy to join in where they can
Who should attend:
There will be something for everyone, including experienced club members and those new to the sport.
Assembly is at the cricket pavilion, Worth School
Registration is from 09.30-09.45 with a prompt start at 10.00. The middle distance event will run 16.30 – 17.30
Resources and facilities:
All notes will be distributed electronically and maps will be provided on the day on waterproof paper. Tea and coffee available all day. Please bring your own packed lunch and snacks. The pavilion has changing rooms, toilets and drinking water (bring your own bottle).
Details to follow
Adult club members £5, U26 free of charge. Limit of 50 participants, registration at Racesignup.
Details to follow
Changing rooms and toilets.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Robert Lines
Important Event Information
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. Information about how to keep yourself and your children safe at an event can be found here.
Covid Prevention: Please follow these control measures:- Adhere to the British Orienteering Code of Conduct.
- Allow others to social distance if they wish to do so.
- Avoid touching the start, finish and control units.
- Move away briskly from the start and all controls. Take time to recover before making your way to download.
Insurance: Please note that if you have participated in three orienteering events/activities and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
Privacy: when participating in our events/activities your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports. Read our data protection page to see how we look after your personal data.