Our monthly coaching sessions are open to everyone. If you are brand new to orienteering then these sessions can be a great way to get started. Juniors, their parents and other adults are most welcome.
Coaching sessions start at 9.15am and preceed a SOG. SOGS are informal local orienteering events and provide some great orienteering experiences without having to travel too far. The training aims to be finished by 10.30am so that coaches and trainees can make the last start time of 11.00am for the main event.
There’s no additional fee to pay on top of the SOG and, as always, our friendly bunch of coaches will have plenty of tips and techniques to pass on. Please let Rob Lines know if you would like to attend.
Upcoming coaching dates
- 29th September: Lancing Ring, Lancing
- 27th October: Pashley, Eastbourne
- 1st December: Stoughton, Chichester
- 19th January: Millennium Wood, Cuckfield
- 2nd February: Coates Common, Pulborough
- 9th March: Chailey Common, Haywards Heath
- 30th March: Rivers Wood, Haywards Heath
- 27th April: Worthlodge, Crawley
Online coaching or 'armchair orienteering' can help improve your technical skills. Alter the time limit on the exercises to make them more challenging. These exercises will only work on non-touchscreen devices.
click/tap photos for a larger version