Southdowns Orienteers are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You may provide personal data to Southdowns Orienteers when you fill in forms at an event/online, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes the information you provide when you register with British Orienteering or participate in Southdowns Orienteers events. The information you give us may include your name, membership number, date of birth, gender, Si card number, EMIT card number, address, e-mail address or phone number.
We need access to your personal data to administer your membership of Southdowns Orienteers and your participation in our events.
We need to process your personal data for the general management of the club, including sharing your personal data with club officers who:
- Administer the club.
- Organise club training sessions and events.
- Enter events, leagues and other competitions.
- Provide information, via the club magazine, email and the Southdowns Orienteers website, about club activities, invite members to attend events and publish event results.
We share your personal data with British Orienteering and provide them with any results that you record at events organised by Southdowns Orienteers. We also post those results on the Southdowns Orienteers website.
We will need to access your personal data for as long as you are a member of British Orienteering and Southdowns Orienteers. Member’s data is updated every year on renewal of British Orienteering and Southdowns Orienteers membership.
You may have the right at any time to:
- Request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- Restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing and the portability of your personal data.
- To complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, about the processing of your personal data.
You are not obliged to share your personal data with Southdowns Orienteers. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
There is a temporary cookie set by this site that only exists for that browsing session and is required for security (CraftSessionId).
The only other cookie is one that you can choose to set to remember your preference as to if to display the Facebook news feed on the home page. Facebook sets several cookies and loads a number of tracking scripts when the news feed widget loads. On your first visit you are given the choice of blocking or allowing Facebook tracking.
If you would like to change your Facebook setting use the following links:
allow Facebook to track me
block Facebook tracking
your selection will place a cookie on your computer to remember your choice. If you do nothing the feed won't load and you will keep seeing the options.
Authorised logged in administrators will have further cookies set to validate input and prevent unauthorized use.