Southdowns Orienteering Club (known as SO) is a friendly and active club covering the whole of Sussex in the South East Orienteering Association (SEOA). We organise many events during the year with all details and locations displayed on the Events section of the website. The best way to find out about us is to come along to an event where you will receive a very warm welcome and plenty of help to get you started.
Every member of an orienteering club also becomes a British Orienteering member
This entitles you to:
• Four copies of the British Orienteering magazine, Focus, which includes the junior magazine Ozone.
• The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
• Eligibility to compete in the British Championships, JK, national, regional and local events
• Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
• The option to compete in a Rankings scheme.
• Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
• Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
• Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
• Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme
• Access to a members only section of the website
Membership Levels and Fees
There are two levels of British Orienteering membership:
• Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
• Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership
The British Orienteering Membership fees for 2017 are:
• Senior member – £10.00
• Junior member – £3.30
Families can continue to join/renew British Orienteering as a ‘Family’ but the membership fee will be made up of the sum parts. E.g. A Family containing two senior and one junior members will be charged a British Orienteering Membership Fee of £23.30 (2 Senior members at £10 + 1 Junior member at £3.30). If the Club or Association offers a Family fee, the family will be charged the Club/Ass family fee on joining/renewing. Otherwise the Club and Association membership fee will be calculated in the same way as the British Orienteering Fee e.g. the sum parts
Joining Fees for 2017
When you join, if you are a family you will need to pay the individual BO and SEOA fees for each family member together with £15.50 for the SO family membership. Thus, for 2017, the subscription fees will be:
Family [2 Sen + 2 Jun] (£) Senior (£) Junior (£)
BO 26.60 [(2 x 10) + (2 x 3.30)] 10.00 3.30
SEOA 8.00 [(2 x 3) + (2 x 1)] 3.00 1.00
SO 15.50 10.00 4.50
TOTAL 50.10 23.00 8.80
2nd Club members
£4.00, £9.00, £14.00.
(For orienteers already members of another club.)
Posted by Bridget Hooper on 27th Sep 11